Saturday, May 10, 2008

New Years Day or Paramore?

I've been hearing lots of comments (in youtube.com mostly) these past few weeks comparing the bands Paramore and New Years Day. Now, I am a fan (a huge fan, if you may) of these bands. Primarily because its genre are pop-punk, and the lead vocalists of the respective bands are females! In fact, two beautiful women - Hayley Williams for Paramore (www.paramore.net); and Ashley Costello for New Years Day (www.newyearsdayrocks.com).

A little strange it may seem, but I fell in love, first, by the sound of their voices, how they deliver each word - the hatred, the joy, the sorrow, it just goes right to my mind! Then, I am impressed on the construction of their lyrics, maybe because I can somehow relate to them. One more thing about the lyrics that makes these two groups rock: their lyrics are so catchy. In no time, you'll be singing along with Hayley or Ashley's music.

To anyone who have read this post: listen to the music of Paramore and New Years Day and enjoy. I'm sure you won't get disappointed.

No comments: